We believe in your success!
Tutoring is free and available to all Tulane Students. Our Tutors are trained peers who are committed to helping other students succeed and thrive at Tulane. They've taken the same classes, faced the same challenges, and asked the same questions. Together, we've created a safe and welcoming place to ask questions, explore ideas, and build your confidence as a student.
We tutor most of the introductory level STEM courses along with foreign languages. Availability can vary from semester to semester, depending on our staff, but we typically have tutors for the courses listed below. Log into our online scheduling platform to search for a specific course.
Need to schedule a tutoring appointment?
Schedule a Tutor!
Useful things to know:
- All Tutoring is by appointment only. Appointments must be scheduled through the TimeTap scheduling portal. We do not have drop-in tutoring, however, we offer Pop-Ups for some courses.
- Tutoring appointments are 30 minutes long. You can schedule up to two sessions each week, and you can schedule appointments back-to-back.
- You must schedule appointments at least 48 hours in advance, and tutors in high demand subjects such as Chemistry and Calculus book up quickly, so plan ahead!
- There is a $20 no-show fee for any appointment canceled less than 24 hours in advance.
- You can join a waitlist for a tutoring time slot. If the time slot becomes available, everyone on the waitlist will be notified, and the time slot will be awarded on a first-click, first-scheduled basis. If you are trying to book a waitlisted appointment and it isn't working- someone else has beaten you to it. Appointments are held on the waitlist for 4 hours and then released for general scheduling.
- We try very hard to not cancel scheduled appointments, but sometimes the unavoidable happens. If we must cancel your appointment we will try and reschedule you with another tutor, if one is available.
- If you are having technical issues with TimeTap, please contact the ALTC Desk (504-865-5103) and provide them with as much information about the issue as possible. Screenshots are very helpful!
- When you come to the Learning Studio, come in and check in with the desk attendant who will point out your tutor and show you where to wait if you are early. Grab a cup of tea or coffee while you wait!
To get the most out of your tutoring appointment:
- Complete assignments ahead of time, and come prepared with specific questions or problem.
- Tutors will walk you through a concept or problem to help you discover the answer. Tutoring sessions are highly interactive and experiential. Come prepared to take an active role in the learning process! Tutors can also help you improve your study skills and take better notes.
- Tutors will not assist with homework or work on any assignment that will be graded or evaluated.
- Tutors cannot fill you in on a week (or semester's) worth of information in 30 minutes. They are not a replacement for attending class and doing the assigned work.
- Creating an account is super easy! Use your Tulane email and TUID to sign up.
- In addition to email reminders, you can sign up for text reminders and sync your tutoring appointments to your personal calendar.
- Use the Course ID to search for a list of tutors. Make sure to put a space between the letters and numbers! (example: CHEM 1070)
- Once you have submitted a request for an appointment, your tutor has 24 hours to accept or decline the request. The appointment is not official until it is accepted by the tutor. This makes sure everyone is aware of the appointment. You will get an email telling you the appointment has been accepted or declined.
The Courses we tutor vary by semester depending on our staff. We typically have tutors for the following classes, but this list is not comprehensive and we cannot guarantee that a tutor will be available for any course. Log into your account on TimeTap to search for a specific course.
Math & Science
CELL 1010, CELL 2050, CHEM 1070/80, CHEM 2410/20, EBIO 1010, NSCI/PSYC 3300, PHYS 1220, PHYS 1310/20, PSYC 1000, MATH 1110, MATH 1140, MATH 1150/60, MATH 1210, MATH 1220, MATH 1230, MATH 1310, ENGP 1410
Accounting, Business & Economics
ACCN 2010, ACCN 2110, ACCN 3010, ACCN 3100, ECON 1010, ECON 1020, ECON 3010, FINE 3010, MGSC 3010
Languages & Art
ARHS 1010, FREN 1010/20, FREN 2030, ITAL 1010, SPAN 1010/20, RUSS 1010/20, ASTC 1010/20